About Dr. DeSilva
Practicing Internist (31 years in clinical practice)
Internal Medicine/Anti-Aging Medicine
• Associate Staff, Dept. of Medicine, Raritan Bay Medical Center (RBMC), Perth Amboy, NJ
• Teaching Faculty JFK Medical Center, Edison, NJ
• Past-Chairman of Planning Com. Age Management Medicine Group (AMMG)
• Past President of American Nutraceutical Association
• Recipient of the Alan Mintz Award for Excellence in Clinical Age Management Medicine
• Best Doctor Award in New Jersey and New York by Castle Connolly for the past 19 consecutive years
• Medical correspondent for Cablevision (News 12 NJ) and Host of “Health Matters”
• Medical lecturer at numerous National and International Medical symposiums
• Guest lecturer at AMG Driving Academy (Mercedes-Benz)
• Guest lecturer for Aveda Cosmetics
• Formulator of over 350 dietary supplements
• Numerous TV appearances on CNN, EXTRA, Larry King etc.\
• Published Author
As a healer and a physician, I have always believed to extend my knowledge and intentions into the universal care of the patient. One of my favorite expressions is "The best of both worlds." The unity of the worlds of medicine from both the East and the West.
Eastern medicine has existed for 5000 years while Western medicine although newborn has a great deal to offer. The essential key is to unite these two cultures and incorporate them in a safe and effective manner for the diagnosis and healing process of the patient. The primary words to this are safe and effective. Each patient is different and has a unique set of needs - in this case, one size does not fit all.
As I strive to know my patients and access their individual health concerns and needs, a cooperative plan of care will be formulated. Ideally, each individual must be encouraged to be responsible for one's health. Once this concept is embraced, I will be able to assist each one in their road to better health.
The inferior physician treats the disease once it occurs.
The mediocre physician prevents the disease from coming back.
The superior physician prevents the disease from ever occuring.